BEIRUT, LEBANON (9:00 A.M.) – The Foreign Minister of Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi said in a statement on Tuesday that India did indeed cross the Line of Control (LoC) area this morning.
According to Qureshi, the Pakistani government had an inclination that India would do something like this.
“We had been telling the world that India is likely to do something like this (air strike in Pakistan). Today they have done it,” he said.
“I could see that the clouds of danger were hovering over Pakistan. Pakistan is live and strong. We are a responsible nation and will respond in a responsible and tactical manner. Pakistan knows how to safeguard its interests,” he continued.
The Pakistan Foreign Minister would add that his nation deserves the right to respond to the recent Indian airstrikes.
“We reserve the right to give an appropriate. We have the right to self defence,” he said.