DAMASCUS, SYRIA (3:10 P.M.) – Moments ago, ISIS claimed full responsibility for last night’s events at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, claiming the terror attack to have killed 30 people and injured an additional 70 civilians.
Amaq Agency said improvised explosives were hidden across the arena, causing heavy casualties on people trying to escape the concert. A suicide bomber with ties to ISIS was also among the crowd.
Prime Minister Theresa May called the attack “a sickening act targeting children and young people” and confirmed that at least 22 people were killed and 59 wounded in the packed English concert hall.
May said police believed they knew the identity of the bomber and police then said a 23-year-old man had been arrested in connection with the attack carried out late on Monday evening.
The attack comes just a couple days after ISIS released a propaganda video from Mosul, calling on its supporters to carry out attacks in Europe and the United States.